Mechanical engineering and automotive industry
These industries are taking the third place in the top of technical gases consumption and cryogenic equipment use.
- The most demanded here, in the industry in whole, is oxygen. It is widely used in metal processing.
- Nitrogen and helium are needed for crimping (checking the tightness) of tanks and pipelines.
- Argon is an inert medium for welding various special steels and alloys.
- Oxygen is also used in welding and cutting metals in hard-to-reach places.
- Carbon dioxide used in welding makes it possible to obtain seams that are more resistant to mechanical influences.
- Like in any traditional metalworking, laser welding also uses oxygen, nitrogen, and argon. In new technologies, helium or an argon-helium mixture is added to them.
- In the automotive industry, technical gases are also needed for heat treatment, cutting and welding metals, and monitoring emissions to the environment.
PSKOVTEHGAZ® develops, manufactures, repairs, maintains and modernizes the related equipment: pump units, evaporators, gasifiers, tanks, ramps, etc., and also provides various services and implements integrated engineering projects.